I've decided to post my "25 Random Things" here instead of on Facebook. For those of you non-Facebook users, the instructions are below:
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.
1. When I was in kindergarten, I convinced several of my friends that I was a "real" princess.
2. I have never broken any bones or sprained any part of my body. I have only ever had to get six stitches in my life; two when I was two years old and four when I was four years old, all being on my forehead.
3. People randomly tell me that I look like Mariah Carey.
4. When my sister was Miss Michigan, she rode in the Detroit Thanksgiving Parade on the same float as Nick Carter (Backstreet Boys). She gave Nick one of my senior pictures with my phone number on the back (it was a joke--I promise!). He never called.
5. I have had several extremely strange phobias as a child: a fear of swallowing my tongue, a fear of the toilet overflowing, a fear of peeing my pants, and a fear of getting stuck in an elevator.
6. When I get home from going grocery shopping, I peel all the price tags off of the groceries before I put them away.
7. I can pop both of my hips out of joint. It grosses a lot of people out.
8. Since about the age of 11, my toenails have nearly constantly been painted. Probably not good for them.
9. I'm one of "those girls" who shaves her legs during the winter.
10. I love organizing. I'm always looking for things around our apartment to organize or re-organize.
11. I have an obsession with old books. I love buying rare books from antique shops--the older the better.
12. My husband makes me laugh every day and I fall more in love with him every day.
13. I have been fascinated with tornadoes since I was in elementary school and have vivid dreams about tornadoes about once a month.
14. In the Cluny museum in Paris (a medieval museum), I climbed into an empty stone casket for a photo op of me lying in it. I could've gotten in huge trouble for that.
15. One of my biggest pet peeves is drivers who don't use their turn signals.
16. I once went without sleep for 56 hours. I don't recommend it.
17. There is a small spot on my left knee where I have no feeling.
18. I am infamous for taking obnoxiously long showers.
19. One day, I'd love to open my own café specializing in teas and cupcakes.
20. I have wanted to be an archaeologist since high school. I recently was accepted to a graduate school program in Biblical Archaeology. It's a dream I plan on seeing through.
21. If I could choose a dream career besides archaeology, it would be to dance professionally. I absolutely love performing and I miss it so much that it hurts.
22. My parents almost named me Claire.
23. I have a really weak stomach and pass out really easily. Unfortunately for me, however, I don't pass out like "normal" people. I jerk around, stiffen parts of my body, and make a weird noise. I've been told it looks like I'm having a seizure.
24. In relation to number 23, doctors ran lots of tests (measuring brain waves, CAT scans) on me when I was six after a few passing out episodes because they thought I might have a brain tumor.
25. I have never highlighted or dyed my hair. I love my hair color!