September 23, 2010

Feeling better...


About twenty minutes after I wrote my previous blog post, I received an email from Matt that he would be arriving the next morning. I was overjoyed but devastated at the same time since I had become so sick. I spent Friday evening in bed with a temperature of 102 degrees. I had extreme chills and achiness all over.

Saturday morning I had to get up at 4:30 am to shower and dress before leaving to get Matt in Budapest at 5:30. While showering, twice I had to rush my dripping wet body to the bed to lie down because I felt like I was about to faint. My throat was killing me; it hurt to talk, let alone swallow.

But I can't describe how happy I was to be reunited with Matt! It was so wonderful and I couldn't take my eyes off him. Being with him made all the pain and sickness seem not so bad for the whole of Saturday.

But I was just as sick for the next few days, and by Monday evening, Matt had begun to get a sore throat, too. The seemingly inevitable happened...Matt caught it. Tuesday and Wednesday he had a high fever like I did. So sad.

Thankfully, Matt didn't seem to get quite as sick as I did or for quite as long. Only now has my sore throat left me and my strength has returned but Matt has recovered as well. We know many people were praying for us to get well soon and we are so grateful for that--thank you!

It is so good to be together again....no words can describe it. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...