January 11, 2011

Big News!

I have a big announcement to make...

After 5 months of being in Hungary and not knowing exactly when I would return to the US...

I finally bought a plane ticket home!

My return date will be {drum roll please....} -- March 21st, 2011

This is sooner than I had originally planned; before, I was more or less planning on returning in April. Matt's military unit will still be finishing with their deployment some time in May as we thought all along.

You're probably wondering why then I am returning a few weeks earlier than planned? Why not stay in Hungary as long as possible? Well, my friend, I have a wonderful and exciting reason why I will be returning on March 21st. Unfortunately, however, I can't share this reason with you now, and it will be quite some time until I do. Just trust me when I say it's a good reason--a really good one.

As of yesterday, I have exactly ten weeks left here in Hungary. Ten weeks! It sounds short to me {although it may not to you} and I know it will feel even shorter. I have a lot planned for the coming weeks and staying busy always makes the time fly.

I'm not allowing myself to think about leaving Hungary at the moment, because I get too emotional. I'm trying to anticipate the conflicting feelings I'll have come March, when I'm so excited to go home, but also heart broken to leave here.

Ten weeks, oh my....

1 comment:

Ljgerber said...

So why are you coming home early? Don't get me wrong, I am super excited and can't wait! Did you get my way long overdue e-mail? I miss you so much! You know that thing that Dave any Amy have going on over here... is that why YOU are coming home early!!! Write me when you get a chance! I finally made it on to your blog for just a little bit! Eden is sleeping and I just put some laundry in the washer. I have lots more cleaning/other stuff to get done before work tonight but thought I would check in on you. Miss you again so much! Why are you coming home early? I am so freaking curious now! Love you so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...