February 3, 2011

Tic Toc

Well hello there. I seem to be good lately at disappearing for a week or so, huh? I'm probably discouraging the few readers I have here to be faithful to check in!

I do have a valid excuse, though. Believe it or not, I got sick again. Three days worth of fevers, chills, weakness, dizziness, and stomach pains. It seems that every time a big flu bug goes around here in Hungary, I get it straight away. Normally I don't get sick this much; maybe there are different strains of viruses here that my body isn't used to fighting off.

I've stayed busy as normal with all my teaching responsibilities and extra fun stuff, like a sleepover at the Fekete family household and watching 'Austrailia' while eating the fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies I made them.

I also made chocolate chip cookies for the Szasz family and then had another 'Harry Potter' movie night with the girls during which I gave them both manicures. Little darlings!

Want to know something crazy? I only have 46 days left in Hungary. And that's with today being almost over for me {I'll wander into dreamland in about an hour from now}. Every day, I look down at my calendar and see the number of remaining days here and think, holy crap. {As my mom says, "Those two words don't go together." As always, she's right. But that's what I say in my head anyway}.

So today I thought, holy crap--46 days. How can this be? It seems like just yesterday I was writing on my blog how I only have ten weeks left here. Now I have less than six and a half. It just feels surreal to watch my departure date come sailing towards me, when for so long, it was totally elusive, not having booked a plane ticket home until just over a month ago.

Right now, I'm really just forcing myself not to think about it {although as we all know, trying to not think about something always just makes it more difficult in the end to truly not think about it}. I don't like the strange flood of emotions I get when I think about it--happy and sad. And I'm talking about utter happiness and utter saddness. I don't know how I'll deal with it when the time comes, so for now, as with most other things in my life, I shall procrastinate, just in this case with my emotions.

So I'll leave you now as the little Deanne in the back of my head continues to shout, Hurry! Learn all the Hungarian you can before you leave!! Learn and practice, learn and practice!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...