July 15, 2011

Patio Bliss

Matt and I live in a small apartment. One of my favorite features of this apartment is the little patio where I like to relax and enjoy the warm summer weather.

This is the view from our patio:

The hot sun doesn't hit our patio until about 2 o'clock in the afternoon. In the mornings, the patio is the perfect level of warmness and the birds sit in the trees nearby, singing their sweet little songs. This is the perfect time to lounge--I often sit reading as I enjoy the warm summer breezes.

It's also a marvelous spot for gazing at the clouds; to just sit and think. 

Despite the very suburban area we live in, our neighborhood is amazingly quiet and peaceful. I never imagined that we'd find an apartment with such a great little patio of solace.



I also love that there is a grand weeping willow tree for me to gaze at across the way. It's my favorite kind of tree.

And of course, with it being summer, I always need to have a summer-y drink with me as I lounge.

I've been making batches upon endless batches of homemade sweet tea... 


A good book, some journaling, and some delicious sweet tea on a warm and quiet summer's morning...could it get any better than that?

By the way, currently reading "French Women Don't Get Fat"---I'm liking it a lot thus far and feel I can judge it fairly, having studied and lived in France myself...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...