August 4, 2011

Sweet Moments: Bedtime

I don't know about you, but one of my very favorite moments of the day is bedtime. There's nothing quite a sweet as crawling into a big comfy bed, snuggling in under the covers, relaying a few thoughts to my journal, and then retreating into a good book.



I don't read every night before I go to sleep; of course--it depends on how late it is. But when I have the time, I love to indulge in my bedtime rituals.



Recently, I've started making myself drink water as I sit in bed reading. Like many others, I don't drink nearly as much water as I should {too busy drinking sweet tea or coffee}, so this is one way I'm attempting to get better at that.


On a random side note, does anyone else just LOVE the Old Spaghetti Factory Restaurant?


After I slide into the sheets, I reach for my nightstand stash of lotions and lip balms. I just don't feel right falling asleep unless my lips are good and moisturized. I also use lovely-smelling lotions on my legs and hands and love how it puts a sweet aroma into the air.

Every so often, I slather on special foot cream and hand cream, then sleep with moisturizing socks and gloves. Matt really makes fun of me when he climbs into bed and sees my white-gloved hands. He says I just remind him of a mime!


I relish sinking into our big, fluffy bed pillows while I read. It's so relaxing and helps me clear my mind for a good night's sleep.

My other bedtime must? I have to sleep with my hair pulled up on top of my head. I don't know why, but I just cannot stand to sleep with my hair touching my face or neck. It's just a thing I have.



Maybe another reason I love my relaxing-in-bed-time at the end of the day is because it's a delicious little prelude to falling asleep. I love sleeping, partly because I have such vivid and adventurous dreams, which I'm always able to recall quite clearly the next day, or even years later. There's been moments after I turn off the lamp and close my eyes where I think to myself, "I wonder what adventures I'll have tonight?"

Is bedtime one of your favorite times of the day, too? What are some of your bedtime rituals?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...