May 5, 2011

A Fresh Start

A new apartment; a fresh start.

Here are a few things I've picked up this past week that have added a touch of sweetness to my week and added little bits of extra to that already "new home" excitement I've been feeling.

Extra-strong, aromatic coffee





Golden delicious apples just the way I like them--
with the slightest touch of blushing red




 

A new soy candle to fill our home with the
aroma of 'Ginger Pear Spice'




 

A fresh wall hanging to adorn our dining area




 

A brand new {and oh so pretty} cover for our
ironing board--it actually makes ironing a
delight! {but we'll see how long that lasts...}


BUT...

By far, the sweetest thing about my week occurred this evening, when I found out officially that I get my dear husband, Matthew, back this coming Sunday!!!



When it always seemed that this deployment would never end, it is a mere three days away until I get the love of my life back. No words could possibly start to adequately explain my excitement!!!

How odd that, after being married for almost four years, I am having the thought run through my head, "I get to see my husband EVERY DAY!!!" In a sense, this will almost being like newlyweds again for me and Matt, a time I am more than thrilled to relive!

It has really been a year and a half since Matt and I have seen each other on a consistent day-to-day basis. As soon as 2010 began, Matt's unit began sending him away on many long, pre-deployment training missions. During the first months of 2010 when he wasn't training, Matt was driving to eastern MI for the week to work his new job there. Thus, it has been at least seventeen months since we have had the "normal" life we enjoyed together the first two and half years of our marriage.

I'm busy finishing tying up the all the little loose ends around here, accomplishing each task with more joy and anticipation than you can possibly imagine...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...