October 19, 2011

Grape Pecan Salad

This is an utterly delicious, simple recipe--great as a side dish or to bring as a dish to share at get-togethers.

This scrumptious recipe comes courtesy of my friend {and former boss}, Jay.

Grape Pecan Salad

Ingredients:
4 lbs. grapes {red or green, or both--I like both}
8 oz. sour cream {I used low fat}
8 oz. cream cheese {I used low fat}
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
2 packages of pecan chips



Wash the grapes and let them dry overnight {otherwise the cream cheese mix won't stick to them}. Mix the sour cream, cream cheese, and vanilla. Combine this mixture with the grapes and coat well.

Mix the brown sugar and pecan chips in a separate bowl.

Layer the grapes in a serving bowl. Spoon the sugar/pecan mixture over each layer.

**Jay's tip is that she prefers not to use ALL of the cream cheese/sour cream mixture. I totally agree; don't use all of it--- otherwise it's a bit too much.**

Enjoy!




******************

Also, just wanted to share a few photos I snapped yesterday on my walk with Annabelle. We are so lucky because there is a very nice walking trail near to our apartment complex. There are several miles of paved trails which run through wooded patches and along a small river. We love it!








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...