November 29, 2011

A Peek at the Festivities

Here's a little look at the festivities we enjoyed during our stay at Grandma and Grandpa Moss' house over Thanksgiving:

Parade watching

Grandma's homemade cinnamon rolls
I had forgotten that I'd made these place cards for the Thanksgiving table a few years ago. Grandma kept them and broke them out to use again this year.

I love this old organ, which belonged to my Great Grandpa and Grandma Hayes.

I love listening to the beautiful chimes of this clock. It's made me feel right at home ever since
I was a little girl.

We dug into the pie on Wednesday night. After all, Grandma made four pies for only eight
people!!

It's a tradition that Grandma has her home decorated for Christmas when we come at Thanksgiving. She has such lovely decorations, too.

The weather in northeastern Ohio was warm (for late November, anyway) and sunny.

The beautiful Christmas tree.

It was such a splendid few days with endless amounts of the yummiest foods, great conversation, movie watching {at home and at the cinema}, shopping, playing games, football watching, and lounging. We also got to shoot guns, which I really love. Not to brag, but I am a pretty decent shot, and not just "for a girl" either. I was actually wearing a dress at the time---who says that a lady can't shoot well?

Now it's full-force Christmastime! I'm just finishing the last touches on my decorating and I'm feeling ready for some snow. I just love this "most wonderful time of the year"....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...