November 19, 2011

Random Things

A few days ago, a teeny bit of snow made a little visit. It was gone as quickly as it came, which was fine by me; I'm not quite ready for Old Man Winter to make his official appearance just yet.


The trees here in Michigan are all nearly bare and a constant chill has settled into the air.

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and I'm so excited! I think Thanksgiving this year has an extra factor of specialness for me since I missed out on celebrating it last year when I was living in Hungary.

I also can hardly believe that 2011 is almost over. I feel quite certain that the months this year from January to the near-arriving December have flown by more quickly for me than I can ever recall. Then again, I've always heard it said that time flies more quickly each year as one ages....so maybe this is a sign of how hold I'm getting. Yikes.

A few other tidbits of randomness:
~I have been spending an obscene amount of time on Pinterest. But at least all that invested time has left me with a plethora of cooking, design, and crafting ideas; as opposed to Facebook, where I nearly always log off feeling that I utterly wasted my time.
~I'm really excited about the new Muppets movie coming out--I love those guys! And one way Matt can always make me laugh is when he does his super-stellar Swedish chef impression.
~My best friend Laura's baby girl, Addison, arrived a little over a week ago. We can't wait to meet her!!
~Of the new fall TV series, I have really been enjoying "Once Upon A Time." I have also really been into the "X Factor" show, which amazed me since I lost interest in "American Idol" many years ago. And yet even more surprising is that Matt and I have become really disenchanted with the new season of "The Office"; we are die-hard fans of the first several seasons and Dwight K. Shrute is often quoted around our house.
~I made a Barbecue Chicken and Black Bean pizza last night. I will share this deliciousness later on in the recipes on my blog!


Wishing you all the loveliest of weekends!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...