April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend

Easter was here and gone in the blink of an eye. It was really wonderful though--we went to Matt's parents' house and we were long overdue since we hadn't been there since Christmas!

I am so mad at myself that in the midst of all the packing and prepping for our little weekend, I forgot to pack my camera. It really was a shame--we went to a friend's farm to hold tiny five-day-old kittens {which would melt anyone's heart, even if you're not a cat-lover} and the weather was sunny and bright {albeit cold} so I majorly missed some good photo ops.

We had so much delicious home-cooked food and had wonderful times with family.

I've talked before about how blessed I am to have married into the Perry family. And let's be honest...one part in particular has me absolutely giddy: us "kids" still get Christmas stockings and Easter baskets stuffed with goodies! Seriously, it's the best.

Matt and I had a combined "basket" this year:






It was pretty clear that the little gifts were mostly geared towards me, so I let Matt have most of the chocolate.










The "basket" was also clearly intended for this travel-obsessed girl.





And as if the Easter gifts weren't enough, we received another slew of gifts, brought back by Matt's Dad on his recent mission trip to Guatemala. {What generous parents we have!}





This round "brick" of dark chocolate is going to make some incredibly delicious cocoa, indeed.





We received two bags of Guatemalan coffee, this one being whole beans for my French Press.




Coffee beans....mmmm.






The beans smell incredibly rich and delicious. I haven't tried them yet but am about to! And I think it might be a brilliant idea to add a few small shavings of that dark chocolate to my coffee. Yes, perfect.

1 comment:

Tatiana said...

I think it's awesome that you guys got a Easter basket. All your goodies look delicious! I'm glad you had a great time :=)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...