September 3, 2012

A Much-Needed Weekend of Relaxation

This Labor-Day weekend was exactly what I needed. It was a simple, restful, and fun weekend for us. My job has had me going non-stop for the past two weeks now, and to be honest, my pregnant self has not been handling it well. So this weekend was like a breath of fresh air.

Believe it or not, I actually spent all of Saturday running errands and doing chores. There were quite a few chores I'd been neglecting as of late, and with my neat-freak/OCD tendencies, I actually can't relax until I get my to-do list accomplished. I knew if I hit it hard Saturday, I could truly relax and enjoy Sunday and Monday, chore-free. So after grocery shopping and other errands Saturday, I scrubbed down our shower/tub, cleaned and vacuumed both our cars, and gave our patio a thorough cleaning {it needed it badly after many summer rains, plus our glass sliding doors were filthy}. I did laundry, changed our bed linens, vacuumed the apartment, and put away/organized many things.

As for the rest of this weekend...




~I made strawberry crêpes with freshly whipped cream for breakfast
~We watched lots of movies {gotta love Redbox!}
~We slept. A LOT.
~We made a delicious fruit salad to celebrate the last of summer's fruits
~We went out to see a movie
~We dined at California Pizza Kitchen {their BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad is my favorite}
~We treated ourselves to decadent Oreo Brownies from Mrs. Field's Cookies

All in all, it was a very productive AND very relaxing weekend. Just what I needed, indeed!

1 comment:

Tatiana said...

I love me a good relaxin weekend! And those crepes look amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...