June 14, 2014

The Summer Fun Begins

Life has just been full of fun lately. We've had great visits with family in the last several weeks and we celebrated my birthday, which is always delightful for me!

Even though we've had travels and lots of fun activities, even the quiet days spent at home seem to be filled with such lovely things.

Here's a bit of what we've been up to lately...


Lots of eating out at restaurants and cafes, and that's always much more exciting (and crazy) with this little lady:




Makenna just turned 16 months old and we are loving this age! She has lost her baby look and is definitely a full-on toddler, running here, there, and everywhere. She is still very social and loves to be the center of attention. In fact, when she knows she has an audience, she starts acting downright goofy. What a little ham! And her hair....SO. MUCH. HAIR. It is wild and out of control. I hardly know what to do with it anymore. It's so hard to keep her food out of it or from it sticking to her drooly mouth {lots of teething happening right now}. It's already grown past her shoulder blades. This little wild-haired lady of ours is so happy, a little bit mischievous, and very loving and affectionate. The joy she adds to our days is immeasurable!

I recently attended a staff retreat for my job at MSU and it was such a lovely event. Our luncheon was exceptionally elegant. I was thinking to myself that it looked like a dinner at Downton Abbey, when another coworker commented aloud the very same thing.





As the days have been getting warmer, I've been enjoying lots of iced lattes.





A day at a theme park, just Matt and myself. Sun, roller coasters, pizza, and water slides. It was such a fun, perfect day.





Makenna's first trip to the zoo. It is so fun to watch her discovering the world.








Yesterday I made a strawberry rhubarb cobbler. I realized it fell perfectly on the day of the full moon, and I recently learned that June's full moon is called the "Strawberry Moon." A dot of fresh whipped cream and a cup of coffee made this the perfect treat.




So many great memories already this summer and we've got lots more upcoming fun to share!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...