February 28, 2015

Makenna Turns Two

We can scarcely believe it, but our little Makenna Rose turned the big *TWO* this month. Wasn't it just yesterday that we brought her home from the hospital?

We decided to forgo a big party this year and have a small, intimate celebration with family. Our home is teeny-tiny, anyhow; eight adults, one toddler, and a small dog make it feel plenty crowded enough!

Both sets of grandparents were present, as well as "Uncle Aaron" and "Aunt Hunter." Temperatures were bitterly cold outside, but we stayed warm and toasty as we celebrated this special little lady of ours.





Like last year, I decided to make a homemade birthday cake for Makenna. Randomly enough, I took a Wilton Cake Decorating course at age fourteen. It was me and about eight other middle-aged women. I loved it! I've kept all my specialty cake-decorating tools since then but sadly have seldom utilized them. I figured if there's any good excuse to put my mediocre skills to use, it's for the birthday of our own child!

In case you're wondering, that's Peppa Pig on her cake, from Makenna's favorite TV program. {It's really rather adorable because it's a British show, so all the little characters have British accents!} I'm pleased enough with how the cake turned out given that I began the process of decorating it at 9:00 p.m. the evening prior to our celebration. However, it's made me itch to put in even more time and effort into future cake/cupcake decorating endeavors.




I utilized the banner I made for Makenna's birthday last year and simply replaced the "1st" with "2nd."

As the party got underway, Makenna was relishing being the center of attention!














It was such a fun-filled, happy event. Makenna loved every moment, as did we! A special thank you to all our families for putting in so much effort to make our little girl feel loved, even if you weren't there to celebrate with us in person!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...