July 7, 2011

Confession

One of my very favorite artists of all time is Celine Dion. And I'm not afraid to admit it.

I know there are a lot of people out there who can't stand her. Or that there's the 'I'm-a-woman-so-I-must-be-a-Celine-Dion-fan' cliché. And in fact, Matt makes fun of me for liking her.

Celine and I go way back. Back before her mega Titanic "My Heart Will Go On" hit. Back to when I was thirteen and I saved up my own money to buy myself a stereo system for my room {with a three-disc CD changer and remote!}. The very first CD I ever purchased for myself was Celine's Falling Into You album with her famous "Because You Loved Me" song.




I own at least eight of her albums, maybe more, including one in French. I just adore her voice. And her songs are so passionate and powerful, they often leave me with goosebumps.

I've never been to a Celine concert, however. And I must also confess that I do love the "My Heart Will Go On" song from Titanic. There. I said it.

So you can judge me for being a die-hard Celine fan, and I won't let it bother me.

I'm quite certain that for the rest of my days, Celine Dion's albums will always remain part of the main soundtrack of my life. And that makes me happy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...