October 22, 2011

Easy Bake Cheddar Biscuits

I found this recipe in a Kraft Food and Family magazine and really love it, especially since it's simple and because the biscuits are made from scratch.




I made these for my parents when they were here a couple of weeks ago, and they said the biscuits reminded them of the delicious cheddar ones served at Red Lobster. I took that as a huge compliment, because although I don't eat seafood, I could go to Red Lobster just to consume their cheddar biscuits!

Easy Bake Cheddar Biscuits

Ingredients:
1 cup of flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup of cold unsalted butter, cubed
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese {I use low fat}
1/3 cup of milk {I use skim}

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Mix the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the cheese. Add the milk and stir until the mixture forms a soft dough.

Place the dough on a lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times or until smooth. Pat out the dough into a six-inch square. Cut the dough into nine squares and place onto a greased baking sheet.




Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

{I serve these plain, but you can serve with butter or cream cheese if you prefer.}

Enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...