February 29, 2012

Peanut Butter Applesauce Muffins

I shall now share with you a family recipe, and one of my very favorite recipes in the whole world, at that. I grew up on this recipe and for any of you who know me personally, you have probably tried these before! I bake these often.



These muffins are beyond amazing. Calling them a sweet delight would be a tragic understatement. They have it all...peanut butter? Check. Chocolate chips? Check. Applesauce to make them incredibly moist? Check.

You can also thank me because...{drumroll, please}...I give you permission to consume these treats as breakfast food. Yes, that's right. This recipe came from my Aunt and much to my mother's dismay, she firmly insisted these muffins are "breakfast food." So they have always been in the Moss household, and now are in the Perry household. You may offer me a preliminary "thanks" now, but really, thank me later, after you have baked these and consumed them in all their deliciousness.



Peanut Butter Applesauce Muffins

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 cup applesauce {plain}
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 pkg. chocolate chips

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees {F}.

Mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Add peanut butter and eggs and beat until smooth. Add the applesauce. Add the remaining dry ingredients. Mix in the chocolate chips.

Fill paper cups 2/3 full. {I am overly-generous on this part because I don't like short muffins.}



Bake for 20-25 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.



These muffins can stay moist for a good 2-3 days if stored in an airtight container.

Enjoy! {and I am completely certain that you will!} 


2 comments:

Moss said...

Great post! One thing you left out. Your Mom made it clear to me that those muffins were off limits for me. "They're for the kids!" she would say.

Feel sorry for me, but I haven't tasted one of these muffins for years. :-)

You can tease your Mom about this the next time we visit! Love, Dad

Sara said...

mmm, they sound delicious! Maybe I'll try and convert them (to gluten free)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...