March 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

OK, peanut butter-lovers out there, I've got another mouth-wateringly delicious recipe for you! These cookies are super-easy to make and although I can't promise that they are really all that healthy for you, they at least feel healthier, since the recipe calls for 3 heaping cups of oatmeal.




This is a recipe I inherited at one of my bridal showers and I must confess that I never made these cookies until just recently. {Which is such a shame since Matt and I discovered just how scrumptious and addicting these cookies can be!} I've taken them to a few gatherings since then and the cookies always receive rave reviews as people gobble them up.


Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:
3/4 cups butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 cups oatmeal
1 package chocolate chips

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees {F}.

Cream together the {room temp.} butter and the sugar. Add the egg. Add the peanut butter, vanilla, and water and mix until just combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients; first, the flour, salt, and baking soda, and finally the oatmeal. Stir in the chocolate chips.





Either using a cookie scoop or a regular spoon, drop small, rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes. {makes approximately 4 dozen cookies}









I would definitely recommend indulging in these cookies with a glass of milk. Although the cookies are chewy, they're not moist like regular chocolate chip cookies, given all the oatmeal. But of course, most any peanut-buttery, chocolatey cookie tastes best with a tall glass of ice-cold milk!

I hope you love this recipe! Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...