March 5, 2012

St. Patty's Day Prep

Well it's no secret that I'm a redhead and deeply proud of my Irish heritage, at that.

I've never done anything much to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in the past besides wearing a "festive" green shirt and playfully pinching people who aren't donning any green at all.

I've decided that this year, I want to make a big deal out of St. Patrick's Day, just for fun. I have lots of ideas for Irish-themed sweets to make {partly inspired by Pinterest} and I'm already planning on making Shepherd's Pie for dinner that night.

Since I've never done anything in the way of St. Patrick's Day decorations for our home before, I decided to make a few this year.

A garland hanging above the couch in the living room:




And a little sign to hang in the kitchen {which, for now, I've just stuck onto a framed photo}:





I didn't intend for it at the time, but when I made the glittered edge and was shaking off the excess, some glitter stuck around the edges of the letters. I think it looks pretty.



After St. Patrick's Day, I'll be sure to post about all the ways in which we made a big deal of the holiday this year.

Are there any traditions you have in celebrating your Irish heritage?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...