March 2, 2013

We're Home! (again)

A thousand thank you's to all of you out there for praying for our little Makenna and her RSV.

I am happy to report that we were able to come home from the hospital on Tuesday after five days and nights in the hospital. Makenna is doing better each day, and her cough and congestion are starting to fade away.

We are so enjoying having our little girl at home!


Because our first two weeks were filled first with my own sickness, then Makenna's in the hospital, I am just now getting to figure out how this being-a-mom-thing works. Like when I can shower, do some laundry, or even just feed myself. {Never mind sleep!} I think we're getting into the swing of things.

I have to sing the praises of both my mom and my second mom {mother-in-law} for all their selfless, incredibly generous help during the first weeks of Makenna's life. They cooked, cleaned, and shopped for us, not to mention even taking over for me and feeding Makenna bottled breast milk so I could try to sleep and get better. They both were truly life-savers for us. What would we have done without you?!?!

But the best thing? Oh, the best thing is getting to hold and snuggle and kiss my Makenna as much as I want. Those first two weeks, I didn't do that...first from me being sick and trying not to get Makenna sick. And then of course came her hospital stay, where she had many wires coming off of her {and super-annoying, sensitive, beeping monitors} that kept me from doing this. She is still so very tiny and super-snugly.

Matt's taking Monday and Tuesday off of work so we can have four days of just enjoying our Makenna without guests. We're just now experiencing life as "the three of us." And it is just bliss. Sheer bliss.


1 comment:

Penny Dorsey said...

We rejoice with you both!

Uncle Rog and Aunt Penny

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...