April 23, 2011

Moving On

Exactly ten months ago from today, I wrote a blog post, "I am homeless."

Although I have called Debrecen, Hungary my home for 8 of the past 10 months, it is true that technically, Matt and I have been "homeless" since we don't have any sort of residence which belongs to us.

As of this coming Monday, we will no longer be homeless! My family and Matt's family are helping to move all of our things out of storage and into our new apartment.

Before Matt's deployment, we had been living in Lansing, MI. Just before Matt deployed, however, he landed a new job, which is why we are now relocating to an entirely different area in Michigan.

We'll now be on the very easternmost side of the state. This is a completely new area for myself and Matt since we both grew up on the western side of Michigan. We're excited to explore and discover this area, but to be honest, it's a bit overwhelming, too, since we need to re-establish all of our go-to places (doctors, grocer's, dry cleaners, salons, etc.) and most of all, find a new church to join.

I can't wait to be in our apartment...I can hardly remember what it feels like to have our very own space with all of our things in one place. And I am absolutely itching to get back into my own kitchen! I have missed having my very own kitchen like I never thought I would.

So, this apartment shall be our new home for the next year, while Matt and I become familiar with the whole area and, hopefully, in about one year from now, buy our very own house to move into! We can't wait to go house hunting!

I am so excited to get the apartment unpacked and all ready for when Matt comes home. My goal is for him to walk into a clean, organized, and very homey-feeling apartment when I get him back for good in a few weeks. Lots of work to be done...

Wishing you all a very blessed Easter weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...