August 27, 2011

Peanut Butter Crispies and Brownie Trifle

I tried out a couple new recipes this past week for our guests Nick and Jaela.

I got this first recipe from one of my all time favorite blogs, "Fly Through Our Window."  The author, Darby, is a sweetheart, a phenomenal mother, crafty, great in the kitchen, and an amazing photographer. Check her out!

These are a version of Rice Krispie Treats, but using peanut butter and honey instead of marshmallow.


Peanut Butter Crispies

Click here for the recipe.



This next recipe I received from a coworker when I worked at Michigan State University. It's a super-easy, super-delicious dessert!

Brownie Trifle



Ingredients:
1 (19 oz) package of fudge brownie mix
2 (3.9 oz) packages of instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (12 oz) container of Cool Whip, thawed
10 Heath Bars, crushed

Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Let brownies cool completely, then crumble.

Prepare pudding mix as directed on package, omitting the chilling stage.

Place 1/3 of crumbled brownies in the bottom of a trifle dish. Top with 1/3 each of pudding, whipped topping, and crushed Heath bars. Repeat all layers two times with remaining ingredients, ending with the crushed candy on top.

Chill for eight hours before serving.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Rebecca Maier said...

Deanne yummo! Wow those desserts looks amazing! I totally wish you had come to the reunion yesterday. There were so many people at the round barn, I was able to chicken out of hanging out with our class. I don't know what happened, I just froze up - and I even had some wine! I wish someone I was comfortable with was there with me (besides the hubs). Miss you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...